26 November 2012

OU O MINISTÉRIO DOS NEGÓCIOS ESTRANGEIROS EXIGE UM PEDIDO DE DESCULPAS FORMAL AO GOVERNO DO CANADÁ OU ARMA-SE AQUI UM FUZUÉ QUE VAI FAZER O INDEPENDENTISMO CATALÃO PARECER UMA BRINCADEIRA DE MENINOS DE CORO (e estava a correr tudo tão bem com os pastéis de nata...)
 


"Some of us also sampled one of the local delicacies, some call it a Frenchie, some call it a Drunk Mans Sandwich and some call it something else in Portuguese. I call it disgusting… two pieces of bread, covered in melted cheese, with a fried egg on top and sausage, steak, ham and whatever other scraps the kitchen has on hand, inside. Then the whole thing sits in a putrid, spicy gravy. I guess it was kind of like going to Philadelphia and ordering a Phillie Cheesesteak, but not nearly as good for you... one does strange things when one is in an unfamiliar time zone"


"In direct contrast to the citiy's ancient past this building looks forward, far forward into a galaxy far, far away... it boldly goes where no man has gone before. It is a futuristic mess. The building was designed by Koolhaas in the early 2000s and I suppose it is an attempt at breaking away from the traditional European concert hall, perhaps an ironic twist on a theme, but it is a perfect example of form (gone mad) over function… perhaps it looked good as a scale model. The building is a strange, indefinable, multi-sided shape that sits on a huge undulating marble platform (a skateboarders paradise). Ironically the space age materials used on the outside already looks worn and dated (in many ways the outside of the building reminds me of one of our local Toronto architectural calamities, the ROM chrystal... impractical, ugly and dated within a week of its completion). The inside of the building is concrete, stainless steel, plastic and neon. While walking around inside it’s hard not to flash on scenes from The Andromeda Strain, or expect to meet Lord Vader and a dozen storm troopers coming down the hall. Our dressing room had these fantastic, huge windows jutting out at 45 degree angles over the skateboarders below, it reminded me of the lounge (10 Forward) on the Starship Enterprise (for all you Next Generation fans). Apparently the future is a very uncomfortable place with lots of hard edges and harsh light… although there is the occasional cool window and sliding remote control door to keep one amused. The performance hall itself is enormous, not necessarily in seating capacity but in the actual volume of space... it is vast" (aqui)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ѕіte. Lotѕ of helρful infο here.
I am ѕending it to several frіenԁs ans
also shaгing іn delicious. And natuгallу, thаnκѕ
for уour effort!

Alѕo ѵisit my webpаge ... data loss prevention

Anonymous said...

Highly energеtic post, I liked thаt a lot. Will theгe bе a pаrt 2?



My web ѕіte ... hgh supplements

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equally eԁucativе аnd amusing,
аnd let me tеll you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I'm verу hapρу I found this in my hunt fог somethіng regarding this.


Αlsο visit my site - Coffee pure Cleanse walmart